Prairie Woods Audubon Society
The aim of the Audubon Society, as a chapter of the National Audubon Society, is to conserve the environment, preserve wildlife and natural habitats, and provide opportunities for education, nature appreciation, and fellowship.
Prairie Woods Audubon meeting information:
- Location: Spring Valley Nature Center, 1111 E. Schaumburg Rd., Schaumburg, IL
- Dates: Third Thursday of the month -- September-November; January-June
- Time: 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm Social Time 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm Meeting and Program
Adventures in the Australian Outback
Join us for our next meeting on Thursday, March 21 at 7:00 pm.
Vernon and Nancy Wedow will be presenting a program about their trip to the Australian outback. It will include their travels in the remote northern outback including Australia’s largest national park, Kakadu National Park, ancient aboriginal rock art sites, and by sea along the dramatic Kimberly coast.
Be sure to bring a friend along! The public is welcome.
Prairie Woods Audubon holds its monthly meetings on the 3rd Thursday of month.
Please see the schedule below for the upcoming meeting schedule.
MARCH 21, 2019
"Adventures in the Australian Outback"
by Vern & Nancy Wedow
APRIL 18, 2019
"Native Plant Gardening" by Kelsay Shaw
Possibility Place Nursery, Monee, IL
MAY 16, 2019
"Travelogue" by Josh Engel
Red Hill Birding, Chicago
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization voluntarily affiliated with the National Audubon Society. We are registered & file with the IRS, the State of IL & the Attorney General's Office yearly as prescribed by law.
What We Do:
1. We help maintain a 6.5 acre high quality prairie in Palatine IL.
2. Hold field trips such as birding and nature activities.
3. Support area conservation education/activism, implement & teach habitat conservation, and award grants to area groups from youths to senior citizens.
4. Hold monthly membership meetings from Sept.- June. No meetings are held in Dec. & Jan. Topics include birding, conservation, science and more!
5. Presentations and meet-ups are always open to the public. Refreshments served. Always FREE!
6. For info, questions or media contact please call us or leave a message at:
Our Phone: (847) 485-9695 Our e-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org