Prairie Woods Audubon Society
The aim of the Audubon Society, as a chapter of the National Audubon Society, is to conserve the environment, preserve wildlife and natural habitats, and provide opportunities for education, nature appreciation, and fellowship.
Prairie Woods Audubon meeting information:
- Location: Spring Valley Nature Center, 1111 E. Schaumburg Rd., Schaumburg, IL
- Dates: Third Thursday of the month -- September-November; February-May
- Time: 6:45 pm - 7:15 pm Social Time 7:15 pm - 9:00 pm Meeting and Program
Join the Bird walk!
Please join us before our next regular meeting on Thursday, May 16 for an early evening bird walk. The walk will be held at Spring Valley Nature Center and will be led by Dave Brooks. Bring your walking shoes, bird guides and binoculars and meet us in from of the building at 6:00 p.m. The walk will be approximately an hour long. Dress appropriately for the weather.
After the walk learn about birding in Texas, the lone star state, from Josh Engel of Red Hill Birding. You won't want to miss the walk or talk!
Bring your friends along! All are welcome.
Ruby-Throated HummingbirdPicture courtesy of Jerry Acton
Texas: birding the lone star state
Texas is the nation's second largest state in both area and bird species. In this presentation, founder Josh Engel, from Red Hill Birding, will discuss the best birding locations the state has to offer. From the migration hotspots and wetlands of the Gulf Coast, down to the Mexican border and back up through the Rio Grande Valley and the beautiful Hill Country, to west Texas's deserts and mountains. Ever since his first birding trip, when he was 14, Josh Engel has been enamored with the incredible diversity of habitats and birds across the state of Texas, and now returns annually to lead birding tours there. For more information birding trips hosted by Red Hill Birding, visit www.redhillbirding.com.
Be sure to bring a friend along! The public is welcome.
Prairie Woods Audubon holds its monthly meetings on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
Please view the information below for the upcoming meeting schedule.
may 16, 2019
"Texas: Birding the Lone Star State"
Josh Engel, Founder, Red Hill Birding, Chicago
june 20, 2019
Dinner and Evening Bird Walk
Dinner at The Wildbird Shack & Bird Walk at River Trails Nature Center
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization voluntarily affiliated with the National Audubon Society. We are registered & file with the IRS, the State of IL & the Attorney General's Office yearly as prescribed by law.
What We Do:
1. We help maintain a 6.5 acre high quality prairie in Palatine IL.
2. Hold field trips such as birding and nature activities.
3. Support area conservation education/activism, implement & teach habitat conservation, and award grants to area groups from youths to senior citizens.
4. Hold monthly membership meetings from Sept.- June. No meetings are held in Dec. & Jan. Topics include birding, conservation, science and more!
5. Presentations and meet-ups are always open to the public. Refreshments served. Always FREE!
6. For info, questions or media contact please call us or leave a message at:
Our Phone: (847) 485-9695 Our e-Mail: email@example.com