We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization voluntarily affiliated with the National Audubon Society. We are registered & file with the IRS, the State Of IL & the Attorney General's Office yearly as prescribed by law.
What We Do
1. We maintain a 7 acre high quality prairie in Palatine IL.
2. 7 membership meetings per year. Topics include birding, conservation, science and more!
3. Field trips with Birding & Nature Activities.
4. Support area conservation education/activism, implement & teach habitat conservation, and award grants to area groups from youths to senior citizens.
5. Monthly Membership Meetings of the PWA are held from Sept.- June. No meetings in Dec. & Jan.
6. Presentations and meet-ups are always open to the public. Interesting topics! Refreshments served. Always FREE!
7. For info, click the links on this web site or call us at: (847) 485-9OWL
Our officers and board members are elected each April at the Members' Meeting at Spring Valley Nature Ctr. These are our current officers and board members:
President: Jon Keasling
Vice President: Geri Keasling
Treasurer: Sylvia Vassmer
President Emeritus: Louie Vassmer
Board At Large: Sheryl Robinson, Hannah Vassmer, Louie Vassmer
Web/Online Newsletter: Louis M Vassmer
Assistant Editor: Sheryl Robinson
Field Trips: Jim Peterson
Programs: Paula W
Publicity: Paula W
Fund Raising: Bob Bacon, Paula W
Membership: Lisa Goranson
Database: Bob Bacon
Prairie Stewards: Cyndi Duda & Brian Herner